Last updated: January 2021
This website, consciousvibrations.co.za (“site”), is operated by Raising Conscious Vibrations (“we”, “us” or “our”). We take the privacy of our users (“you” or “user”) very seriously and therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about:
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact us in the event that you have a complaint.
Collection of your information
Raising Conscious Vibrations collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the South African Protection Of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purpose of those laws.
Information that we collect and use includes:
- Personal information – We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us such as your name, shipping or postal address, contact information (e.g. email and phone number), and demographic information (e.g. age, gender, interests) . This information may be collected when you register with the Site, participate in various activities on the Site (e.g. online shop, chat, and message boards), subscribe to our newsletter, complete a Contact Us form or information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys. Note: You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information, however not doing so may limit features available to you on the Site.
- Derived Data – Our servers automatically collect information when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site. We may also collect device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
- Social Media Data – The Site may gather information from social media sites such as Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pintrest, Twitter, including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birthdate, email address, profile picture and public data for contacts if you connect your Site account to such social networks.
How we use your personal information
- We collect information about our users for the purpose of measuring promotional activity, and managing and improving our online services providing you with a smooth, efficient and customized service. Specifically, we may use the information gathered about you via the Site to:
– Administer sweepstakes, promotions and contests
– Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena
– Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties
– Create and manage your Site account
– Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you
– Email you regarding your Site account and/or order(s)
– Enable user to user communications
– Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and other transactions related to the Site
– Generate a more personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalised.
– Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site
– Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site
– Notify you of updates to the Site
– Offer new products or services
– Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and protect against criminal activity
– Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site
– Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
– Respond to customer service requests
– Send you a newsletter or other information that may interest you
- We would like to send you the information about products, services, offers, competitions and services and products which may be of interest to you. Such information may be sent by mail or email. We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information. If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time. If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want, you may contact us using the details provided below.
Who your information may be shared with
- We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity. This includes exchanging information with relevant entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf such as payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- If you interact with other users on the Site, those users may see your name and descriptions of your activity including comments, chatting with other users and following blogs.
- When you post comments to the Site your posts may be viewed by all users and potentially publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
- If you connect to the Site through a social network your contacts on the social network may see your name and descriptions of your activities.
- If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired we may transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence or communications from such parties you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Keeping your information secure
- We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
- We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- While we will have taken and will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information or market to children under the age of 16. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16 please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Under the South African Protection of Personal Information Act and the European General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. Please refer to these for more information.
- Emails and Communications – If you no longer wish to receive communications, correspondence or emails from us you may at any time opt out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold, please contact us at:
Raising Conscious Vibrations
172 River Road
P O Box 382
Tel: +27 83 378 1909